Monday, March 5, 2012

Running for the Soul

I recently started running with a friend and I have to say, I've never felt better. The wind in my hair while I run mixed with the release of pent up anger helps me get through the hectic week. Running seems to help both physically and mentally because it gives people a break from homework, stress, or other undesirable feelings. When you run, it's like breaking free from all your anger, sadness, and overall motivates you to take that extra step. From a scientific point of view, running decreases body fat and helps to increase the production of HDL cholesterol, which is the good kind. Running also helps to decrease stress, give a better self-image, and releases endorphins that naturally make you happier. Running seems to be good for the mind and body and in my opinion, is way more fun than doing homework.

No comments: