Thursday, August 26, 2010

Music is life...literally

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved listening to music, sitting in the car with my mother and singing along to artists like Bon Jovi, Leanne Rimes, Vanessa Carlton, and an assortment of 80s and 90s music. I had never really actually listened to the lyrics and the deep and sometimes powerful meaning behind them.

Songs like "A Thousand Miles" (Vanessa Carlton) talks about the distance between two lovers and doing everything in the young protaginist's power to go back to her dearly beloved.

"Love Drunk" (Boys Like Girls) expresses the resentment of an ex and the lack of attention of the relationship which led to major heartbreak-issues we as teenagers seem to deal with a lot.

I personally have never appreciated the life lessons these songs seem to provide us with until just a few years ago when I was really down in the dumps, and then I realized that all the answers I wanted were right in my Ipod.

Wether you're dealing with heartbreak, being incredibly angry with the world, feeling rather lonely, or just want to jam to something fun, music is incorporated to each and everyone of our lives every single day.

No comments: