Monday, June 20, 2011

The Southern Most Point Soothes



The school year is finally over, and the buzz of summer is taking control. I have high expectations for the upcoming two months: I plan on sleeping in as often as I can, but still have a blast.


This past school year I've worked extra hard, and I'm so glad that I finally have a break from all of the pressures of the FCAT, etc. Next week my family and I are going to Key West for a few days just to relax and see the sights once more. Key West is one of my favorite places in the world, and here's why:

It has that New York City vibe, a small island packed with people and shops on every corner. The sights and sounds are a playground for the senses, everywhere you turn there's a guy on stilts or chickens happily strutting around.

There's a lot of cool places to visit, like Ernest Hemingway's House (filled with six toed cats), The Truman Annex, and Duval Street which is filled with awesome shops.

I've been to Key West many times, but I've never been on a haunted tour. Personally, I love learning about the paranormal, so the tour that I'm going to take with my stepdad is definitely going to be one of my highlights of the trip. I want to meet Robert the Doll, who's supposedly possessed.

Ghost Tours aside, Key West is truly a relaxing place. I plan on just chilling on the beach and soaking up some sun.

No comments: