Friday, June 24, 2011

Treats and Eats

With the first month of summer coming to a close, I have to say that so far, it's been pretty fun. Not to mention, it's also been relaxing. I mean after all the stress from the SATs and boatloads of school work, I finally get to sleep until 12:00 p.m. in peace.

After going through an extremely boring summer last year, I made sure that this summer would be filled with new experiences that would appeal to my trendy personality. I thought there would be no better way to kick off this summer than go out with my cousin for her sweet 16th birthday, which was exactly two weeks ago.

My cousin decided that she wanted to have a spa day with all her close friends, so we all went to Contour Day Spa in Plantation, FL. I personally never been to a spa before and I absolutely loved it! The staff and service were amazing. After getting a massage, manicure and pedicure, I forgot that it wasn't my birthday (it sure did feel like it).

After the spa, we headed to the Cheesecake Cake Factory in Sawgrass Mills. This was the first time I had been here as well and I have to say, it wasn't at all what I thought it was. I've had the cheesecake there plenty of times before (yum!!), I just never dined and ate there. The service wasn't that great and several orders were messed up, but for the most part, I'm happy that I was able to go to a new place.

Today was another first for me. I finally went shopping at the Shops at Pembroke Gardens. Despite the sudden down pour of rain, it was a treat for me, after all there's nothing I love more than fashion.

While there, I also got to eat at the Asian restaurant, Stir Crazy. Unlike my experience at Cheesecake Factory, the service at Stir Crazy was great and the food was even greater. I personally recommend the Sweet & Spicy chicken and the Teriyaki chicken.

No comments: