- Studying harder: This may be an obvious one, but several student tell themselves they will study harder, and end up procrastinating just weeks into the school year. Keeping up with your school work can only benefit you.
- Being more social: It's never too late to make new friends, and starting off a new grade is the perfect time to do so.
- Join a new club: Schools nowadays offer so many clubs to students that the options can seem endless. Joining a new club can introduce you to a hobby you may not have known you'd enjoy.
- Take up a sport: Similar to clubs, sports are excellent ways to discover hidden talents, and they also keep you fit! It's also a great way to meet new people.
- Volunteer: Volunteering at your school or in a community organization is an excellent way to give back, as well as accumulate service hours.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
It's That Time of the Year Again!
As all the public school students rush into their respective campuses to pick up their schedules this week, they are met with mixed feelings on the impending end of their summer vacation. Each year, as August comes to its close, students are preparing to enter their new grades. The education received in school is what provides the building blocks of a future career, and whatever success that may lead to. New Year's resolutions are well known, but New Grade resolutions are less common. Starting off a new grade with a set of goals can be beneficial in many ways, from making you improve in school, to just making the school year more bearable. Here are some possible goals for the start of the school year: