Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How the gym became my new best friend

Lets start off by saying that I am the laziest person you will ever meet. There is no doubt about. I am the kind of person who loves to stay home and just watch movies and TV shows off Netflix all night. But this summer I wanted to change that.

Last summer, I got a personal trainer and I would go to her home gym about 3 times a week. It was great! I loved it. She was an awesome trainer and I saw a lot of progress. I lost 30 pounds by the time summer was over. Then everything started to fall apart. Once school started, it got harder for me to find a ride, or even find the time between newspaper and studying to go for training. I would get angry text messages from my trainer about cancelling last minute and I couldn't handle the emotional stress she was putting on me so I knew I couldn't stay there any longer. In the end,  it was a tough breakup that needed to happen.

Now this summer, I have gotten another personal trainer that works at LA Fitness. Michael, my trainer is a little older then me and he's a great trainer that I see twice a week. He knows when he is pushing limits and I can see the weight shedding off me as the days go by. It doesn't hurt that he looks like Captain America because that just makes you want to come back for another training session.

I have been going to the gym so often that I see the employees more often then my own friends. I go every morning and then sometimes run on the treadmill at my house at night. Before, I hated going to the gym because I felt it was so boring. But now, with the perfect playlist of Taking Back Sunday and Rise Against, the gym is my second home and my new best friend.

No comments: