Monday, July 25, 2011

Fabulous Fashion in Los Angeles

Last week I visited Los Angeles it got me thinking about the several treasure boutiques and shopping stores that tourists may miss when they come to visit. I've lived in Los Angeles for 9 years and as I was visiting my friends they showed me around to several places I had never heard of living in Florida. Here's a list of stores I enjoyed and you most defiantly might want to try and visit in your next trip to LA.

Soto

4865 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, CA 91364-4228 (818) 346-7686

Soto is a small quiet boutique located in Calabasas with a variety of nice women’s clothing (shoes, tops, jeans, jackets, dresses, etc). However when I went I found that they had a wide collection of unique jewelry for example, these tie dyed colored hair ties that may also be used as bracelets.

Sogno

4906 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, CA 91364-3112 (818) 704-9808

Sogno is also a small hidden boutique on the opposite street of Soto that has a similar collection of clothes yet a more colorful diverse atmosphere. Sogno actually appears to target a more young fun adult rather than Soto whose classical clothes may be worn by older more mature women.

Brandy Melville

Santa Monica Third Street Promenade
Tel. 310.434.1945
1413 Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

Hours: Monday-Thursday 10am-10pm, Friday & Saturday 10am-11pm, Sunday 10am-9pm

Started 30 years ago, Brandy Melville is an urban store that has moved to the U.S from Europe. I found that the prices were reasonable and that the clothes appeared to be made with considerable quality. This store was probably my favorite because of the way it easily stood out with all the beautiful decorations.

Free People

Westfield Topanga Mall Canoga Park, CA 91303 (818) 716-8069

Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 11am-7pm

Free people is a new store I discovered during my visit and I could probably compare it to our Delia’s. Everything’s very girly and cute. There’s a lot of drapery in the clothes which appears that the store might be going for a chic hippy look. Although the store is a bit pricey, (its pricing is similar to Urban Outfitters) the clothes are well made and the sale rack has a nice variety.

No comments: