Friday, July 22, 2011

Premios Juventud

Photo: Pitbull's performace (Veronica Mingrone)

I like to think of myself as music-savvy; I know plenty of different musicians and listen to virtually all types of music.

I, however, found myself a stranger to practically every artist yesterday at Univision's Premios Juventud.

From Pitbull to Ricky Martin and Antonio Banderas (basically the only performers I knew), the evening was filled with loud music and enthusiastic fans.



Originally, I attended the show to see one band, Il Volo. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan (hence why I went to a four hour concert for a five minute performance), and they did not disappoint.

While Pitbull and Il Volo gave fantastic performances, other artists, like Romeo Santos, left me wondering "Do people actually listen to this?"

But, like any red-carpet, star-studded award ceremony, the venue was beautiful. Giant screens and a floating DJ booth gave the awards a very high tech, futuristic feeling. And, like any event, the musical numbers were highly energetic and fun, not even leaving me, a stranger to most of the performers, dissappointed.

Missed the awards ceremony? Here's a recap of the night's winners:

Premios My ringtone y Mi Artista Urbano: Pitbull.

Premio Lo Toco Todo: Los Vaqueros, El Regreso, de Wisin y Yandel.

Premio Mi Artista Rock.- Maná.

Premio Síganme los buenos.- Ricky Martin

Premio Súper Nova: Antonio Banderas.

Chica que me quita el sueño: Maite Perroni.

Premio Voz del Momento: Prince Royce

Premio ¡Qué Actorazo!: Jaime Camil

Premio Qué Rico se Mueve: Shakira

Premio Súper Tour: Stand by Me Tour 2011, de Prince Royce.

Premio Está Buenísimo: William Levy.

Premio Actriz que se Roba la Pantalla: Blanca Soto

No comments: