Monday, August 29, 2011

Grandma's House!

Today, I visited my grandma after school because I hadn't seen her for an entire week, which is a long time for me! Once again I was met with food that only a grandmother could make and lemonade waiting on the table. Some of my earliest memories include my grandma either cooking, or dancing, or just having fun with her grand kids.
When I think about all the hardships my grandma went through, I am still amazed that she smiles and laughs. She always has something positive to say and always helps people, even if they might treat her badly sometimes. She has really been through it all, whether it be abuse (Not one of her best times), motherhood, immigration, or grandmother-hood.
Some quality time with my grandma always puts my life back into perspective. Her simple ways and funny take on the world make me remember that there are still good people in the world. She is a living example of the fact that even through rough times, a person may always have the chance to be happy in the end.

No comments: