Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is Summer vacation really a vacation???


Most teens don't really have time to hang out with their friends, go to the movies and have a good time like before. Reason being, is because we are able to get jobs at a young age of 14. We have the luxury of taking extra courses online or go to a community college to get ahead in school.

In these days teens like myself go to school, year round and have jobs. We want to get jobs to get more money to pay and save for stuff we want and need, but this takes a way from free time and to do the stuff you want to do. Also, online classes and taking classes at a community college can be a lot of work and can cause a lot of stress, but you have to keep a balance. But always remember... SCHOOL COMES FIRST!!!

My point is, once you start becoming older and taking on more responsibilities your free time becomes distant. For me personally I did not have a break this whole summer... I was either working at my job or doing my online classes to get ahead in school. I did not have a summer break at all, I could count on one hand where I actually went out with my friends and had fun. That is the penalty for having big long term goals that will make me successful and get me where I need and want to go in life.

Photo credit: Ricardo Garcia

No comments: