Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Days

Back in January, I planned out an elaborate list of activities to do over summer break. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my friends, while also going to different places. I figured we would be out almost every night having fun at new places without a worry in the world. I planned my summer as if there would be no flaws and everybody’s schedules would mesh well together.

In actuality, my daydreams were a little far fetched and honestly needed a lot of money and extensive planning. My summer actually contained a lot of unplanned nights full of wild adventures and laughing till crying. My friends and I would spend the day on my front porch hanging out, “solving” life’s daily problems and walking to the local 7 Eleven. Other times, my friends and I would hit the beach and simply get a pizza and dine in the back of his Chevrolet pick-up truck.

I think what I didn’t take into consideration was the fact that you can’t really plan life. Things have to fall into place and you just have to make the best of each situation. I think I will look back to this summer and realize that the simplest things in life were probably the most meaningful. Listening to my friends, learning from our experiences, and enduring rough patches together, will probably mean more to me in the future than any expensive night out.

No comments: