Sunday, August 28, 2011

HEALTHY SNACKS?!?



I'm a big snacker. I love my snacks, especially when I study. For me, there's nothing better then a big bag of doritos to go along with the five chapters of APUSH I have to read.

Incase you don't know, that jumbo bag of doritos has a jumbo amount of calories, carbs, fat, and sodium. Which is very, very, very, very bad for you.

Lately, I've been really into this whole "healthy snacking" thing.
It's supersupersuper cool.

Basically, I find and try new healthy snack options that can replace my beloved doritos.

So far, my favorite is a baked (roasted) chickpeas recipe. It's very good and very easy to make, and this is coming from the girl who burns water!

All you need is:
1 Can - Chick Peas
2 Packets - Truvia (or the sugar substitute of your choosing)
1/2 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon - Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon - Sea Salt
Olive Oil Spray

Check out this full YouTube demonstration. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lujFcBF6sx8&feature=player_embedded

Comment & Let me know if you liked the recipe, want more, or have any questions! (:


No comments: