Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Not Just "The Boy Who Lived"

With the last Harry Potter moving being released into theaters recently, its easy to say a big portion of our childhood has come to an end. I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy the Harry Potter series (although I'm sure there are many haters out there). But from as early as I can remember, I've always enjoyed the series and was fond of how "real" J.K. Rowling made it all feel. She created an entire world in itself, and all the loose ends were pretty much tied by the end of the series. I don't think I was ever left questioning certain elements that "didn't make sense", like I have in the Twilight saga and other similar series.

Also, it's undeniable that the stories are pure genius and that J.K. Rowling is one as well, but the movies lived up to both the series and its creator. I'm super impressed that all the actors stayed throughout the series and they basically grew up with it, as we did. Although most people can argue that acting in a series for such a long period of time can be detrimental to your career, Daniel Radcliffe has sure proved otherwise.

I recently took a trip to NYC to visit colleges and spend some time with some family, and I was lucky enough to actually see Radcliffe on broadway in How to Succeed in Business. Ironically right before I left for my trip I saw the new Harry Potter in theaters by winning tickets from TeenLink. But BOY is this boy talented...I thought it would be weird seeing him with an American accent, singing and frolicking about on stage, but he was just mesmerizing and I was completely shocked by his great performance.

I'm really happy that he gets to continue his career and broadway seems to be a great route for him to do so. Plus, it's a known fact that you have to be the best of the best to be on broadway! So although Harry Potter may be over, Daniel Radcliffe's career sure isn't! I look forward to any other piece he is apart of in the future.

No comments: