Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer's Over, School's in Session


The last two months have been a whirlwind of so many different events continously colliding with each other until collapsing this past weekend in a heap of distraught feelings. My sophomore year in high school has finally arrived, and this is going to be the biggest and most difficult school year I will have come across so far.


This past summer, I went on my first cruise to Key West and Cozumel with my family, visited Alaska for a week on a church missions trip, spent three hilarious weeks with my favorite cousin, and earned my amazing laptop I've worked so hard to get. Also, I interviewed one of my favorite bands at SuperCon, (Honor Society) while getting my very first journalism piece on Teenlink's website, which was pretty awesome if I do say so myself.



So school started yesterday, and wow; it just hit me how fast summer flew by. I thought freshman year was a pain to be in, but this year I have two advanced placement courses and three honors classes. There's so much chaos going on for only the first two days of school, but I know that if I want to achieve my dream of going to the University of Florida, I'll need to study my hardest these next three years.






No comments: