Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm Not a Cook, Or am I...?

As you can see from the title, I'm not a cook. I've never had the knack for it, let alone the opportunity to really learn how to cook. Not that I'm a bad cook. I'm just not a cook.
Time and time again, I'd help my mom around the kitchen, asking a million questions for literally every instruction she'd give me. I picture myself being extremely annoying when I can't stop finding a million different ways just to ask how to crack an egg.
"Mom, do I crack the egg on the bowl or the counter?"
Every. Single. Time. I. Cook. With. Her.
But then my boyfriend's birthday came along and I faced the realization that I am a senior in high school and I don't even know how to bake a cake. I refused to let this stop me from my desperate attempts to make him a birthday cake. But I didn't want any help making this cake; I wanted to make it all on my own.
So I scavenged the grocery store for my ingredients to the cheesecake I was preparing. As I searched for cheesecake crust, I came across a recipe on the box, or container, or whatever you'd like to call it.
The picture just looked so delicious and I knew I had to try making it! That cake was the one! I just knew it!
So all on my own, I prepared and baked this raspberry swirl cheesecake pie. And let me tell you... that turned out delicious, especially for someone just beginning cooking,
I may not be a chef, but I have become determined to make a plentiful more of delightful foods! Wish me luck on my endeavor, and for whoever thinks they can't cook, TRY MAKING THE TYPE OF CHEESECAKE I MADE. Who knows, maybe it'll change your mind and make you want to cook.

1 comment:

K said...

That was the most delicious and prettiest cheesecake I've ever had. And dinner last night was delicious....thank you for cooking!