Many of us know the feeling of coming home from an extra long day at school and hungrily searching the fridge for food to eat. Of course we think the best remedy for Monday blues is food! Although we are always attracted to the junk food first, (e.g., chips, sodas, cookies), these are not the healthiest options for us.
Teens often lose their daily amounts of protein and carbs to foods with too much sodium or “hydrogenated fats”, whatever that is. Fruits and other healthy snacks help to stabilize our bodies and help us gain vital nutrients. While finding healthy snacks may be a chore for some of us, it’s simpler than it sounds.
1. Yogurt is a great snack because it may help build up vitamin C.
2. Bananas can create a healthier immune system and are natural mood enhancers.
3. Tortilla chips with salsa and queso are healthy snacks because tortilla chips are whole grain, meaning they are a good source of protein and carbs.
4. Dark chocolate is good for your heart, lowers blood pressure, and naturally makes you happier!
5. Tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cheese give you a daily dose of vegetables
6. Roast Beef sub with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions for a tasty meal that’s low in calories.
Healthy food may take a little longer to prepare, but they benefit you in the long run so…Happy Snacking!