Monday, October 31, 2011

90's Alternative Music

Is it just me, or is 90s Alternative the best? Lately, I've been really digging The Red Hot Chili Peppers, which have recently come out with a new album, I'm With You. I tried listening to their latest hit, The Adventures of Raindance Maggie, and honestly, I didn't like it as much as their older stuff.

Personally, my favorites are Under the Bridge, Scar Tissue, By the Way, Californication and Around the World. Another band I've started to listen to is Jane's Addiction, which has also come out with a new album, The Great Escape Artist. I really love I'll Hit You Back and Broken People, two tracks on their new album.

And then, there's the always classic, never-gonna-go-away Nirvana. Their underground, grunge sound dosen't always appeal to me, but I love Smells Like Teen Spirit and Heart Shaped Box. Sadly, they don't have a new album, since the lead singer Kurt Cobain has been dead for seventeen years now.

It might be just me, but I rather like all of these 90s bands making new material. It keeps things fresh, ya know?    

No comments: