Monday, October 31, 2011

Rain,Rain Go Away


If you live in Broward County, then I'm sure you were aware of the massive flooding that occurred this morning and is still continuing! Waking up, I figured school would be cancelled due to the flooding and I could enjoy the day off. Of course, for some students, that thought was completely wrong. On my way to school, I noticed most cars driving at about 10 mph and kids trudging through the water. Many were absent or late and overall a dreary feeling took over the school.
I was surprised to see that much rainfall and flooding, especially during this time of the year. Some yards were filled with washed up bottles, while runaway trash cans floated away. With no hope of school being cancelled for some of us, we must face another day of rain and wet socks.

No comments: